Confession #1: I leave a display of the Christmas cards we receive from friends and family up for an entire year. The previous year’s cards stay up until we receive the first holiday card in the mail the next year. It’s not that I’m too lazy to take down my holiday decorations each year. I just love seeing the smiling faces of friends and family grace my walls year round.
Confession #2: I think sending Christmas cards is a major chore. Getting the right photo. Picking a card from the hundreds of choices out there. Chasing down mailing addresses. Cursing yourself (and your cramping hand) for not getting the envelopes with the pre-printed return address. Standing in line at the post office to buy stamps. All of these not-so-fun things add to an already lengthy December to-do list. I endure all of this for one completely selfish reason: I love receiving Christmas cards. In this digital age where so much of what we do is online, there is just something so nice about getting a card in the mail.
As I’ve mentioned in previous posts (most recently here and here) I have a big Internet crush on Minted.com. When it came time to create our family Christmas card this year, I was thrilled to be able to work with them again.
Things I love about Minted’s holiday cards:
- Minted has wide variety unique card designs from a network of independent artists. A quote about their mission, direct from their site:
We believe that great design lives and thrives in the hands of independent artists that people do not have access to through traditional retailers. Minted uses technology to allow consumers to discover great creative talent, making Minted a place where artists can learn, gain exposure, and build their businesses.
- Easy-to-use filtering tools to narrow the vast amount of choices down to what works best for you. In my search for the perfect card, I filtered my search based on photo orientation, color and style. Then I combed through the search results and clicked the heart on my top picks to save them to favorites. From there, I was able to see how my photos looked in each card and make the final (agonizing) decision.
- Two words: rose gold. They have an amazing selection of real foil-pressed cards in silver, gold or rose gold.
- So many customization options. With so many options, including die cut choices, color changes and the ability to change the back of your card to different colors and patterns (or images and text if you’d like), each card choice can truly be personalized.
- Matching envelope designs and recipient addressing. A great time saver. Because if you are like me, you may be on top of ordering your holiday cards early…but then they may spend a few
daysweeks on your desk, waiting to be addressed and sent.
Here’s the final product of a few of my favorite holiday card designs from Minted:
Head on over to Minted.com today to check out all of their great holiday card selections. Happy shopping.
Confession #3: I didn’t choose any of the three cards shown above. Our actual Christmas cards will be arriving in your mailbox sometime in the near future (I wouldn’t want to spoil the fun by showing a preview of my actual card, would I?).
Now, off to find my address list….
I received these products as part of the Savvy Sassy Moms Product Scout program. All opinions are my own.